- Processing a TIB entry
- Requesting a TIB extension
- To change the penalty rate for TIBs
Processing a TIB entry
With a TIB you need to calculate what the duty would be and print
it as a summation on the 7501. However you do not transmit it.
The procedure is:
- On the Entry Worksheet enter the 9813
number with the value and an "I" in the I/O column.
- Place the cursor on the 9813 HTS line then press F8 to expand to the
Worksheet Line Item Detail screen.
- Enter the 2nd HTS number with the value and an "O" in the I/O column.
- Calculate as normal. You should not need to make any changes on
the 7501 screen.
To view the calculations:
- From the 7501 Master Data screen use F8
to expand the 9813 line. This opens the 7501 Line
Item Detail screen.
You will see both the 9813 and the 2nd HTS number with the value.
- Use F8 to expand the 2nd HTS number line. This opens the
Duty Computations screen. You will see the
Duty and Fees with a "CASE" number of 1 instead of the usual 0.
This is the duty and fees that will be printed on the 7501.
A duty code of less than 016 is shown in the TIB summation. (This
includes AD, CVD.)
Requesting a TIB extension
- From the standard Import Operations Menu use
Tracking Inquiry to open ABI Tracking Inquiry screen.
- Locate file.
- Use F8 to EXPAND to ABI Tracking data .
- Use F6 to request a TIB extension.
- Transmit to ABI.
To change the penalty rate for TIBs
There is a file with the HTS numbers, Message Number and Penalty
Percentage. This can be edited with CBTLED. The actual message
can be edited with CBMEED. The message edit is on the Database
Menu as Option 16. The HTS/Penalty file is on the Database Menu as
hidden Option PEN.